Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Manen

Its been awhile since I haven't write anything. I am complete too focus on things that I forgot what really makes me happy and relieved - writing, sketching even crafting - to name a few. I lost me and I am struggling to find myself again, whole and new.
Late last year, I received a very tragic news. An unexpected fact that I am too scared to accept. My person - my Aunt Nena , whom my siblings and I called her Manen, is suffering from a stage 4 breast cancer. My world begun to crumble. I am still in denial that this is not true but sadly, truth slapped me real hard leaving a mark on my face.
Few may know but my Aunt holds a big part in my life. She took care of me and my siblings while my parents were too busy working for our future. She helped us, guide us and loved us as her own children. She never get married because she was too busy taking care of us. I grew up going to her home and eventually lived there half my life. She taught me how to bake. She baked us cakes during our birthdays! She is my Manen, my second mother.
I know God has a lot of reasons why this is happening. He knew that we can make this through, we will survive. This is just God's way to remind us how strong we are and how He deeply love us.
Lord, I am asking you to give my Ante Nena strength and courage to fight this battle. We will fight for her. I will fight for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment